Monday, February 8, 2010
2/8/10 Water, water, everywhere but they can't use it.
Why Water? Get the story.
* Nearly 1 billion people don't have safe water to drink.
* A child dies every 15 seconds from a lack of clean water.
* 1 in 4 children who die before age 5 worldwide, die of a water related disease.
* Children often walk miles every day to collect dirty water to drink.
Did you also know?
* Most people without access to clean water live right above it.
* In many cases the only thing preventing access to clean water is money.
For extra credit, visit this site and complete the questions, print off and turn in to me by Tuesday, the 16th.